This article contains all release notes for 5nine Cloud Manager.
5nine Cloud Manager Edition
5nine Cloud Manager Free Edition
- 3.2.18337.6 - November 27th, 2018
3.2.18363.1 - January 3rd, 2019
- Enforce TLS 1.2 for message broker.
- 5 Free Azure VM licenses included in Cloud Manager Free Edition.
- InfluxDB improvements for large number of instances.
- Improved icon consistency within Cloud Manager.
- UI setup improvements.
- ISO setup. Ability to define custom installation paths for Cloud Manager components and SQL Express installation.
- Fixed Get-VHD process when creating Virtual Machines from templates.
- Fixed VM creation from Gen1 and Gen2 templates.
- Disabled boot order when a Virtual Machine is running.
- Fixed sysprep issues where a 'guest options can't be applied' message may be returned.
- Multiple monitoring fixes including when a path contains invalid symbols.
- Restored VHD mapping option.
- Fixed editing Virtual Machine name in settings.
- Fixed both planned and unplanned failover operations.
3.2.18337.6 - November 27th, 2018
|VM CPU Usage||Monitoring||VM Level monitoring shows Guest CPU usage. This was added to give more details on how a VM was using its CPU|
|Host Memory Usage||Monitoring||Total Memory Used By VM's and Total Memory used by OS Partition. Customers will better understand how the Hosts are allocating memory to the VM's.|
|Host CPU Usage||Monitoring||This is the amount of CPU that the Hosts are using for Hyper-V, we will also show the total CPU % the operating system is using the host. This gives customers a better understanding of how CPU is being used on the Hyper-V Hosts.|
|Custom Report Timeframe||Reporting||Allows customers to change the timeframe to generate, first start to more customizable reports|
|MAC Address Pools||Management||Enterprise or Multi-Site clients can now use custom MAC address pools. This was a feature of SCVMM that we now include in CM|
|Replication Failure Notices||Management||Provides customers with alerts and emails on Replication status and failures.|
|Current VMQ Status||Management||We will show the status of the virtual machine queue (VMQ) properties of VMQ-capable network adapters. VMQ is a scaling networking technology for switch that hashes incoming packets based on the destination MAC address.|
|Checkpoints in Grid||Management||In the grid view of management pane we are showing the checkpoints on a given VM. Gives customers a easy view of VM's with checkpoints.|
|Turn Off Warning||Management||When you turn off a VM we will now show a warning about taking this action. Protection from accidentally turning off a VM.|
|Custom Column Saving||Management||If customers make changes to the grids in CM, we now save the custom changes.|
|Settings Button on RDP Screen||Management||Added a Settings button on the RDP screen for quick access to VM settings.|
|No VSS Backup||Backup||Offers customers running Windows 2016 to run backups without using VSS|
|Backup Failure Notifications||Backup||New alerts and notifications on backup progress, success and failures. Includes email alert options.|
|Links to Evolve||Installer||Links to evolve are now added to the installer, quick access to help.|
|Change Licensing Port||Licensing||In the past we used port 8443 for licensing, this is being changed to port 443 for easier registrations in closed and NAT environments.|
|VLAN and VXLAN networks management||SDN||Create and manage Datacenter networks or isolated Tenant networks|
|Datacenter Firewall (ACL rules)||SDN||Create and manage access rules for North-South and East-West traffic in Datacenter or Tenant networks|
|Load balancing in VXLAN and VLAN networks||SDN||Create and manage load balancers for Datacenter networks or isolated Tenant network. Reduce cost of implementing LB features, replace NLB|
|Backup / Restore||SDN||Backup and Restore your SDN settings|
- Upon closing the Console customized columns and quick start toolbar did not save and reverted to defaulted
- Older disks which are now deleted still showing in tree
- Disk Labels don’t appear when looking at the ‘disk’ in the monitoring.
- Initial Splash Screen - Show "Update" when previous version is installed instead of "Install"
- Confirmation Message for "Remove SDN endpoint" operation
- Details tool tip in "Add SDN endpoint" and "Create Network Controller" wizards for "Rest Endpoint" field
- Chart legend does not match chart
- Monitoring - disk tab - wrong disk order in drop down list
- Azure Management - Configure alerts - add metric alert - Display issue with 125% scale
- Storage control works incorrect in the Create Template of VM wizard
- In some cases the Edit VM switch did not work
- Active Directory - Added the ability to search by pressing the enter button
- Replication Recovery Points configuration made in Hyper-V Manager doesn't get reflected in Cloud Manager
- Backup wizard - UI Improved: Select button is trimmed
- VM created under tenant user if simple permission role model used
- Create group\Add User - "Use Advanced Resource Based Permissions" is not displayed
- Parent column not always displayed in the tenant wizard
- Reporting - some options disappear when you maximize then minimize a section
- Reporting - Memory sorting doesn't sort in order
- Administration - After deleting group for users not available "remove" button
- Wording when deleting a backup job
- Backup - Need to correct lapse in wizard
- ISO setup - Install new instance of SQL Server - Need add validation for instance name
- New VM - some options revert back to default during the creation process.
- Added SDNv2 plugin to ISO version for console installation
- In some cases the Node Health and Virtual Machine Health reports incorrect stats
- In some cases the Job would fail when trying add\delete virtual switch
- ISO setup - Agent install - "Password" field should be empty
3.1.18289.2 - October 23rd, 2018
- Disk queue length collection and defaults
- PowerShell library when using command "edit-vm"
- UI tweaks in creating Virtual Machine wizard
- Creating a Virtual Machine will now make all drive paths consistent
- Updated Getting Started Guide
- In certain cases enabling migration in host settings would result in an error
- In certain cases Cloud Manager would create empty folders when creating Virtual Machine default paths
- In certain cases there would be no data when using the VHD report for Windows Server 2012R2 Hosts
- In certain cases when deleting a 2012R2 Virtual Machine the console would not refresh to indicate it has been deleted
- In certain cases when creating Virtual Machine from existing template would fail
- In certain cases browsing datastore storage would result in the Cloud Manager Console "freezing"
- IOPS metric collection is now shown correctly
- In certain cases an error would occur when attempting to delete a Virtual Machine if the folder did not exist
- In certain cases when setting the MAC address on a Virtual Machine as Static it would not save and remain Dynamic
- In certain cases when editing a Virtual Machine an error would occur if storage path differs from one in the default settings.
- In certain cases after restoring an old Virtual Machine an error would occur when attempting to remove during cleanup
- In certain cases no data would appear when reporting Virtual Hard Drives
- Monitoring charts legend colour was incorrect
- Natural sorting for instances in monitoring drop downs was incorrect
- Monitoring displaying instances in monitoring combo box was incorrect
- Monitoring displaying network thresholds was incorrect
- In certain cases the alert configuration would not save thus not alert the user if a metric exceeded the threshold
3.1.18269.1 - October 2nd, 2018
- Windows Server 2019 Support
- Multiple migrate operations – select multiple virtual machines at once for live migration
- Extended live migration settings – set the max number of simultaneous live migrations and storage migrations
- Run optimizer on demand – Option to run optimizer on demand, even out the load over the cluster (manual optimization)
- Built in failover cluster load balancing – If the host is running Windows 2016, give the option to enable or disable built-in failover clustering load balancing to avoid issues with the dynamic optimizer
- VM replication into Azure
- Syslog integration – ability to export log files
- Reporting – Introduction of the new plugin for VM lifecycle management – reporting of the various resources high/low utilization by virtual machines during last 30 days period and ability to export it in different output formats (PDF, PNG, XLSX)
- Administration - doesn't work multi-select action for users
- Administration - the tree disappears after adding the user
- Azure Management - Buttons are available after the subscription is deleted
- Unable to delete newly created internal v-Switch
- v-switch auto refresh issue
- Unable to Create New Folder or Rename in Browse Dialog box
- Setting Condition don't saving after edit Metric Alert
- User can delete admins template backup and archive
- Typo on the Management Service Admin Credentials screen
- An error appears when trying add existing AD user
- Create user group - displayed Management Service user
- Virtual Machine displayed at the user resources after deleting
- Hyper-V create virtual machine - duplicated DVD controllers
- Incorrect behaviour of copy to Azure checkbox
- Sometimes the refresh does not complete and keeps trying
- Archive and backup template isn't removed for some scenarios
3.0.18264.2 - September 19th, 2018
- Added permission for User ability to edit Virtual Machine without having Host access
- Simplified Role based access control
- Getting Active Directory Users and Groups from all sub-domains in forest
- Improved remote scripts and traffic using WMI
- Optimized Active Directory users operations performance
- Backup & Recovery General Improvements
- Upgrade Agents – support upgrading remote agents deployed in different networks/domains (note: Compatible only with 3.0 Agents)
- Validation for Template Name field
- Customized columns saved after console exit
- Backup - Create template - Virtual Machine not selected when user click right button
- After restore Virtual Machine vhd takes twice as much of space, as tmp file remains in the Virtual Machine directory
- Failed backup archive cannot be removed
- Restore button isn't available after creating backup
- Doesn't displayed "next start" field for scheduled backups jobs
- Empty fields "Fqdn" and "Ip" when adding resources to tenant
- Don't show buttons OK and Cancel when choose Set Categories
- Unable to set checkbox for chosen Objects to Tenant in tab Resources
- Not all objects in Resources tab display when Edit Tenant
- Don't work BackUp Schedule and Delayed start
- Edit backup - Encryption key field in not hidden
- First Run - Add Servers - AD account discovery shows that there is no domain
- Values in column Users disappear sometimes when open Job window
- Monitoring graphs fixes
- The user still has access to create backups if de-selecting the backup role
- Absent title in dialog window in the Import Hyper-v VM wizard
3.0.18248.1 - September 4th, 2018 (Initial Release)
New Azure Management functionality:
- Associate Azure Account with a user
- Basic operations with Virtual Machines: Start/Stop/Restart/Delete
- Connect via RDP or Guest Connection View
- Assign tags to an Azure Virtual Machine
- Implement operations' notifications
- Create new Azure Virtual Machine (basic settings)
- Edit Virtual Machine settings (basic settings)
- Convert Hyper-V Virtual Machine to Azure Virtual Machine
- Azure Metric-based alerts
- Azure Event-based alerts