How can I test connectivity to my SQL database?
One simple method of testing connectivity to your database is with a UDL file.
1. Create a new text file.
2. Rename the file extension from .TXT to .UDL.
3. Double click the UDL file to launch the Data Link Properties page. In the Connection tab:
- Enter your SQL Server name.
- Select 'Windows NT' if using Windows authentication. If using SQL authentication select 'Use a specific username and password' and enter your credentials.
- Optionally select the 5nineManagerDatacenter database.
Once complete click 'Test Connection'.
4. If the connection is successful the following popup will be displayed:
If the connection fails please make sure your credentials are correct and no firewall is blocking communications (default SQL port of 1433 should be open).