5nine Manager Cloud Security provides multilayered protection for every point of attack across your Microsoft Cloud, allowing you to:
- Control and isolate traffic between all types of VMs – Firewall Protection
- Detect threat in real time and receive immediate notifications - Antivirus Protection
- Identify and receive alerts on attacks and probes - Intrusion Detection Protection
- Continuously monitor traffic to establish a normalized baseline - Anomaly Analytics Protection
I want to enable the authorization required option for IP virtual firewall rules. How do I do that?
When the authorization required option is enabled within the IP rule’s parameters, the updated rule will only apply to authorized addresses. Any remote address that the rule is intended to cover should be authorized using the 5ninecli.exe application. This application is included with the 5nine Cloud Security installation package. In addition, it is a necessary for custom users to be created in the 5nine Cloud Security users list. This will be required during the authorization process.
To enable authorization:
1. Ensure you’ve created the appropriate custom users in 5nine Cloud Security.
Note: If the target virtual machine (VM) is in the global group, then the custom user should be created for that global group. If the target VM is assigned to a tenant, then the custom user should be created for that tenant.
2. Run the 5ninecli.exe application that was included with the 5nine Cloud Security installation package for the remote computer that the rule should apply to:
- Enter the management server IP address in the Host field.
- Enter the custom user’s name into the Login field.
- Enter the custom user’s password.
- Enter the tenant’s name in the Tenant field. Leave it empty if you are connecting to the global group.
- Enter VM ID in the VM ID field. This value can be retrieved in the VM Settings dialog window:
Note: If a third party needs authorization, the Cloud Security administrator will have to provide the above data along with the 5ninecli.exe application.
- Click the Connect button and the Access Client dialogue box will open:
Once the authentication process is complete, the IP address of the computer will be authorized and the IP virtual firewall rule will apply. Clicking on the Disconnect button will interrupt the session and the rule will not be applied.
5nine Cloud Security, Enable Authorization in IP virtual firewall rule
5nine Cloud Security, What are the prerequisites for 5nine Cloud Security installation?,How can I ensure that my 5nine Cloud Security product is operating correctly?, How do I import Windows firewall rules for the virtual machines and Hyper-V hosts to my 5nine Cloud Security product?, How do I configure Virtual Machine Settings in my 5nine Cloud Security product?, How do I create a User Defined Security Groups in my 5nine Cloud Security product?, How do I add ARP/L2 virtual firewall rule in my 5nine Cloud Security product?, How do I add IP virtual firewall rule in my 5nine Cloud Security product?